On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 05:47:16PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> BTW, isn't the proposed change to the comments for adjust_appendrel_attrs
> just wrong?  If it's correct, why doesn't the Assert(!IsA(node, SubLink))
> therein fire?  (AFAICS, the existing comment is correct: we don't use
> this function until after expression preprocessing is complete.)

The comment change is accurate; expand_inherited_tables(), which precedes
subplan conversion, now calls adjust_appendrel_attrs().  I neglected to remove
the SubLink assert or test a scenario actually entailing a SubLink in
translated_vars.  Thanks for spotting the problem.

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com