On 04/03/14 02:36, Craig Ringer wrote:
On 02/25/2014 01:28 AM, Dean Rasheed wrote:
On 13 February 2014 04:12, Craig Ringer <cr...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
It's crashing while pulling up the query over "emp" (hl7.employee) and
"part" (hl7.participation).

Given the simplicity of what the row-security code its self is doing,
I'm wondering if this is a case that isn't handled in updatable s.b.
views. I'll look into it.
I'm not sure how much further you've got with this, but I think the
issue is that the securityQuals that you're adding don't refer to the
correct RTE. When adding securityQuals to an RTE, they are expected to
have Vars whose varno matches the rt_index of the RTE (see for example
the code in rewriteTargetView() which calls ChangeVarNodes() on
viewqual before adding the qual to securityQuals or the main query
jointree). prepend_row_security_quals() doesn't appear to have any
similar code, and it would need to be passed the rt_index to do that.
Thanks for the pointer. That was indeed the issue.

I've pushed an update to the branch with the fix for varno handling.
Thanks. It's tagged rls-9.4-upd-sb-views-v8 .

I've almost run out of time to spend on row security for this
commitfest, unfortunately. I'm putting a blog together with a current
status update. Frustrating, as it's coming together now.

Open issues include:

- Passing plan inval items from rewriter into planner
- COPY support pending
- Clear syntax in DDL

Most of the rest are solved; it's actually looking pretty good.

Hi Craig,

I've tested the results from the minirim.sql that was posted earlier, and the v8 gives the same results as v4 :-)

Thanks for all the work!
Yeb