In what sense are we really stopping hstore development if hstore2
lives as jsonb? I have a hard time imagining someone dealing with the
incompatibility that a user-facing hstore2 would introduce, while
still preferring hstore syntax over json syntax given the choice.
There are very rich facilities for manipulating json available in
every programming language. The same is not true of hstore.
It's true for perl. Syntax of hstore is close to hash/array syntax and it's easy serialize/deserialize hstore to/from perl. Syntax of hstore was inspired by perl.

--
Teodor Sigaev                                   E-mail: teo...@sigaev.ru
                                                   WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/