Andres Freund <and...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 2014-03-17 10:03:52 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> First, see suggested text in my first-draft release announcement.

> I don't think that text is any better, it's imo even wrong:
> "The bug causes rows to vanish from indexes during recovery due to
> simultaneous updates of rows on both sides of a foreign key."

> Neither is a foreign key, nor simultaneous updates, nor both sides a
> prerequisite.

What I've got at the moment is

      This error caused updated rows to disappear from indexes, resulting
      in inconsistent query results depending on whether an index scan was
      used.  Subsequent processing could result in unique-key violations,
      since the previously updated row would not be found by later index
      searches.  Since this error is in WAL replay, it would only manifest
      during crash recovery or on standby servers.  The improperly-replayed
      case can arise when a table row that is referenced by a foreign-key
      constraint is updated concurrently with creation of a
      referencing row.

OK, or not?  The time window for bikeshedding this is dwindling rapidly.