On 03/19/2014 02:01 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> So, I'll ask again (because I didn't see a reply): is there any way
>> users can *check* if they've been corrupted?  Short of waiting for PK/FK
>> violations?
>
> Obviously there are queries you can run to check each FK -- the same
> queries that ri_triggers.c would run when you create an FK.  It's
> cumbersome to write, but not impossible.  In fact, it can be done
> mechanically.

Would users which this corruption necessarily have broken FKs which
would show up as such on a simple query?  That is, if I did:

SELECT ref_id FROM referenced WHERE ref_id NOT IN ( SELECT ref_id FROM
referencing )

... or something similar, would that show the issue?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.