On 2014-04-09 09:17:59 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 8:32 AM, Andres Freund <and...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > I've tried to reproduce problems around this (when I wrote this), but
> > it's really hard to construct cases that need more than 8 pins. I've
> > tested performance for those cases by simply not using the array, and
> > while the performance suffers a bit, it's not that bad.
>
> Suspended queries won't do it?

What exactly do you mean by "suspended" queries? Defined and started
portals? Recursive query execution?

> Also, it would be good to quantify "not that bad".

The 'not bad' comes from my memory of the benchmarks I'd done after
about 12h of flying around ;).

Yes, it needs real benchmarks. Probably won't get to it the next few
days tho.

Greetings,

Andres Freund