On 04/16/2014 10:28 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
On 04/16/2014 07:19 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
Yeah, it would be real nice to see a self-contained test case for this.
Well, that might be hard to put together, but I did try running without
pg_stat_statements and auto_explain loaded and the error did not occur.
Not sure where that gets us in terms of deciding on a culprit.
Could we at least see the exact parameter settings for pg_stat_statements
and auto_explain?  (And any other GUCs with nondefault values?)

Here are all the settings from the run that failed:

   listen_addresses = '*'
   port = 5432
   fsync = on
   synchronous_commit = off
   checkpoint_segments = 128
   checkpoint_completion_target = 0.9
   shared_buffers = 512MB
   max_connections = 300
   work_mem = 128MB
   maintenance_work_mem = 32MB
   effective_cache_size = 16GB
   effective_io_concurrency = 2
   logging_collector = on
   log_destination = 'stderr'
   log_filename = 'postgresql-%a.log'
   log_rotation_size = 0
   log_truncate_on_rotation = on
   log_line_prefix = '%t [%p] %l: '
   log_connections = on
   log_disconnections = on
   log_statement = 'all'
   track_activity_query_size = 10240
   shared_preload_libraries = 'auto_explain,pg_stat_statements'

As you can see, auto_explain's log_min_duration hasn't been set, so it shouldn't be doing anything very much, I should think.

cheers

andrew