Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I am sure the problem is that psql doing a query on startup:

Yeah, and libpq does one too in some cases :-(.  Both of these need to
be fixed before 7.3 if possible.

Whether we fix these or not, it'd be a good idea to document that
turning autocommit off in postgresql.conf is not yet well-supported.
I doubt that all client-side code will be happy with that for awhile
yet ...