Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I will add these items to the TODO list, unless someone else votes.

I was not thrilled with the idea of moving oid2name out of contrib
either, but kept silent to see if someone else would complain first ...

Basically I think that oid2name is a hacker's tool and not something
users or DBAs really want as-is --- which I guess is another way of
stating Peter's gripe that what it produces is not what the users want
to know.  The actual useful guts of it are nothing more than
        SELECT oid, datname FROM pg_database;
        SELECT relfilenode, relname FROM pg_class;
which does not seem significant enough to justify the packaging and
documentation overhead of having another command-line tool.

The only actual use-case I've seen for it so far is as a vehicle for
computing actual database sizes on-disk; which would be better served
by a tool that did the whole job.  What other uses do people have for
oid2name?