Andres Freund <and...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
>> Anybody see other problems to fix here?

> Yea.
> 5)
>      if (val_type > FirstNormalObjectId)
> isn't fundamentally incorrect but imo shouldn't be replaced by something
> like !IsCatalogType() (akin to IsCatalogRelation). At least if we decide
> that hunk is safe from other POVs - I am not actually 100% sure yet.

I didn't particularly like that either.  The test is off-by-one, for
one thing (a type created right at OID wraparound could have
FirstNormalObjectId).  However, it seems reasonable to avoid fruitless
syscache searches for builtin types, and I'm not seeing a lot of point
to wrapping this test in some macro.