On 05/15/2014 07:59 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
On 2014-05-13 17:43:47 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
On 2014-05-13 16:31:25 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
Another thing I noticed is that if when the output goes to a file, the file
isn't re-opened immediately on SIGHUP. Only after receiving some data from
the server. I believe that's also not intentional.

Hm. I can't really get excited about that one. Not doing that seems to
complicate matters unneccessarily. What's the problem here?

Not sure if it matters in any real-world scenario, but I found it pretty
surprising while playing with it. It should be trivial to fix; ISTM the
problem is that there is a "continue" in the loop when select() is
interrupted by signal, but the re-opening is done after the select() in the
loop. I think all you need to do is move the check for output_reopen to the
beginning of the loop.

Thanks for fixing and sorry for being slow :(.

Any reason you didn't also move the opening of the output file up? It
seems a bit odd to not have an output file existing every now and
then...

No particular reason. But that would actually be a great idea, because currently you won't get any error you give pg_recvlogical an invalid path, until it receives the first piece of data from the server and tries to write it to the file. I'll go and do that.

- Heikki