Gurjeet Singh <gurj...@singh.im> writes:
> would it be possible to include this in 9.4 as well?

While this is clearly an improvement over what we had before, it's
impossible to argue that it's a bug fix, and we are way past the 9.4
feature freeze deadline.  In particular, packagers who've already done
their 9.4 development work might be blindsided by us slipping this into
9.4 release.  So while I wouldn't have a problem with putting this change
into 9.4 from a technical standpoint, it's hard to argue that it'd meet
project norms from a development-process standpoint.