På torsdag 03. juli 2014 kl. 16:16:01, skrev Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us
<mailto:t...@sss.pgh.pa.us>>: Andreas Joseph Krogh <andr...@visena.com> writes:
 > Hi. �� I'm up for testing 9.4 but my JDBC-driver fails to connect due to
PG's
 > minor-version string: "4beta1". Is it possible to set this somewhere without
 > recompiling PG?

 No, and even if you could, that would be the wrong approach.  The right
 approach is to fix the JDBC driver to not complain about such version
 strings.  I'm a bit surprised they haven't done so long since, considering
 how long PG beta versions have been tagged like that.  For that matter,
 they really ought not complain about strings like "9.5devel" or
 "9.5alpha2" either.

 regards, tom lane   I'm using the pgjdbc-ng driver, I'm sure the "official"
driver handles this. The driver will be fixed (the issue has a pull-request), I
just wondered if there was a magic know I could use until the PR is merged.   --
Andreas Jospeh Krogh CTO / Partner - Visena AS Mobile: +47 909 56 963
andr...@visena.com <mailto:andr...@visena.com> www.visena.com
<https://www.visena.com>  <https://www.visena.com>