I propose that a QNX 6.5 port be introduced to PostgreSQL.
I am new to PostgreSQL development, so please bear with me.
I have made good progress (with 1 outstanding issue, details below):
* I created a QNX 6.5 port of PostgreSQL 9.3.4 which passes regression
* I merged my changes into 9.4beta2, and with a few minor changes, it
passes regression tests.
* QNX support states that QNX 6.5 SP1 binaries run on QNX 6.6 without
modification, which I confirmed with a few quick tests.
Summary of changes required for PostgreSQL 9.3.4 on QNX 6.5:
* Typical changes required for any new port (template, configure.in,
* QNX lacks System V shared memory: I created
"src/backend/port/posix_shmem.c" which replaces System V calls (shmget, shmat,
shmdt, ...) with POSIX calls (shm_open, mmap, munmap, shm_unlink)
* QNX lacks sigaction SA_RESTART: I modified "src/include/port.h" to
define macros to retry system calls upon EINTR (open,read,write,...) when
compiled on QNX
* A few files required addition of #include <sys/select.h> on QNX (for
Additional changes required for PostgreSQL9.4beta2 on QNX 6.5:
* "DSM" changes introduced in 9.4 (R. Haas) required that I make minor
updates to my new "posix_shmem.c" code.
* src\include\replication\logical.h: struct LogicalDecodingContext
field "write" interferes with my "write" retry macro. Renaming field "write"
to "do_write" solved this problem.
Outstanding Issue #1:
src/backend/commands/dbcommands.c :: createdb() complains when copying
template1 to template0 (apparently a locale issue)
"FATAL: 22023: new LC_CTYPE (C;collate:POSIX;ctype:POSIX) is incompatible with
the LC_CTYPE of the template database (POSIX;messages:C)"
I would appreciate help from an experienced PostgreSQL hacker to address this.
I have temporarily disabled this check on QNX (I can live with the
assumption/limitation that template0 and template1 contain strictly ASCII).
I can work toward setting up a build farm member should this proposal be
Your feedback and guidance on next steps is appreciated.