fabriziome...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Isn't better if we can set the relpersistence as an argument to
"make_new_heap" ?

> > > I'm thinking to change the make_new_heap:

> > >  make_new_heap(Oid OIDOldHeap, Oid NewTableSpace, bool forcetemp,
> > >                LOCKMODE lockmode)

> > >  make_new_heap(Oid OIDOldHeap, Oid NewTableSpace, char relpersistence,
> > >                LOCKMODE lockmode)
> > >
> > > That way we can create the new heap with the appropriate
relpersistence, so in the swap_relation_files also copy the persistency, of
course.

> > > And after copy the heap data to the new table (ATRewriteTable) change
relpersistence of the OldHeap's indexes, because in the "finish_heap_swap"
they'll be rebuild.

> > > Thoughts?
> > >

> > The attached patch implement my previous idea based on Andres thoughts.
> >

> I don't liked the last version of the patch, especially this part:
>
> +            /* check if SetUnlogged or SetLogged exists in subcmds */
> +            for(pass = 0; pass < AT_NUM_PASSES; pass++)
> +            {
> +                List         *subcmds = tab->subcmds[pass];
> +                ListCell    *lcmd;
> +
> +                if (subcmds == NIL)
> +                    continue;
> +
> +                foreach(lcmd, subcmds)
> +                {
> +                    AlterTableCmd *cmd = (AlterTableCmd *) lfirst(lcmd);
> +
> +                    if (cmd->subtype == AT_SetUnLogged || cmd->subtype
== AT_SetLogged)
> +                    {
> +                        /*
> +                         * Change the temporary relation to be
unlogged/logged. We have to do
> +                         * that here so buffers for the new relfilenode
will have the right
> +                         * persistency set while the original filenode's
buffers won't get read
> +                         * in with the wrong (i.e. new) persistency
setting. Otherwise a
> +                         * rollback after the rewrite would possibly
result with buffers for the
> +                         * original filenode having the wrong
persistency setting.
> +                         *
> +                         * NB: This relies on swap_relation_files() also
swapping the
> +                         * persistency. That wouldn't work for pg_class,
but that can't be
> +                         * unlogged anyway.
> +                         */
> +                        if (cmd->subtype == AT_SetUnLogged)
> +                            newrelpersistence = RELPERSISTENCE_UNLOGGED;
> +
> +                        isSetLoggedUnlogged = true;
> +                    }
>

> So I did a refactoring adding new items to AlteredTableInfo to pass the
information through the phases.

Hi all,

There are something that should I do on this patch yet?

Regards

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello
Consultoria/Coaching PostgreSQL