On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 09:59:59AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Simon,
>
> * Simon Riggs (si...@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> > "Which tables are audited" would be available via the reloptions
> > field.
>
> RLS could be implemented through reloptions too.  Would it be useful to
> some people?  Likely.  Would it satisfy the users who, today, are
> actually asking for that feature?  No (or at least, not the ones that
> I've talked with).  We could expand quite a few things to work through
> reloptions but I don't see it as a particularly good design for complex
> subsystems, of which auditing is absolutely one of those.

I saw many mentions of pg_upgrade in this old thread.  I think the focus
should be in pg_dump, which is where the SQL syntax or custom reloptions
would be dumped and restored.  pg_upgrade will just use that
functionality.  In summary, I don't think there is anything
pg_upgrade-specific here, but rather the issue of how this information will
be dumped and restored, regardless of whether a major upgrade is taking
place.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us

  + Everyone has their own god. +