On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I get on postgresql.org on a previously checked out CVS:
>
> > $ cvs -q -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cvsroot checkout -P pgsql
> > cvs checkout: move away pgsql/contrib/earthdistance/Makefile; it is in the way
> > C pgsql/contrib/earthdistance/Makefile
> > [etc]
>
> Note that "cvs update" doesn't give any complaints.
>
> I surmise that a checkout visits the earthdistance directory twice for
> some reason; perhaps it is listed in both of the modules comprising
> "pgsql"?

Okay, this is the only message(s) I have on this ... since "merging"
earthdistance back into the tree will most likely cause more headaches,
breakage and outcries, and since I see no reason why anyone would want to
'checkout' a module that has already been checked out (instead of doing an
update like the rest of us), there is no way I'm going to put
earthdistance back in ...

... unless there is, in fact, a completely different problem?

Once v7.3 is released, I'd like to see a continuation of moving the
non-core stuff over to GBorg, as well, so this will likely disappear at
that time ...