On 8/21/14 11:16 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakan...@vmware.com> writes:
>> The patch also rounds a zero up to one. A naked zero with no unit is not
>> affected, but e.g if you have "log_rotation_age=0s", it will not disable
>> the feature as you might expect, but set it to 1 minute. Should we do
>> something about that?
>
> That sounds like a dealbreaker to me.  There are enough places where zero
> has special meaning that we should not *ever* change zero to non-zero
> silently.

I don't think I like this idea anyway.  If something has units of an
hour and the user (perhaps misunderstanding the setting) sets it to one
second, then we shouldn't silently change that to one hour.

If there is a problem with rounding it to zero, then we should perhaps
raise an error.  (And stop treating zero specially.  It's a terrible idea.)