On 09/16/2014 01:51 PM, Tapan Halani wrote:

Hello everyone..i am new to PostgreSQL project. I had prior experience with sql+ , with oracle 11g database server. Kindly help me grasp more about the project.

The first thing you need to do is learn to ask your question in the right forum. pgsql-hackers is not that forum. pgsql-general is, but you should ask specific questions there, not just completely general and essentially unanswerable questions such as this. Before you ask questions there you should read the excellent PostgreSQL documentation at <http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/index.html>

cheers

andrew