On 09/24/2014 09:23 AM, Andrea Riciputi wrote:
Imagine you access PG from an application written in the language X
using a driver library, both your application and your PG instance
run on two different hosts.

In that scenario, you'll be using the PQgetCopyData function to get the data. PQgetCopyData returns one row at a time; the application can trivially change the line-ending to whatever it wants, when writing the output to a file or wherever it goes.

As I wrote before, despite being an heavy PG user, it’s my first time
on the hackers ML and I don’t want to seem disrespectful of the
community.

No worries; thanks for effort, even if this idea doesn't pan out.

- Heikki