Hi,

Because of the atomics patch I was building postgres with sun
studio. Turns out vpath builds don't work in that scenario when building
from git. The problem is that the replication Makefile
override CPPFLAGS := -I$(srcdir) $(CPPFLAGS)
includes the source directory, but not the current directory. The other
Makefiles dealing with similar things do:
override CPPFLAGS := -I. -I$(srcdir) $(CPPFLAGS)
which looks right to me.

The current override line is from 9cc2c182fc20d5 in reaction to #6073.

Unless somebody protests I'm going to backpatch the -I. addition back to
9.1.

Greetings,

Andres Freund