On 9/26/14, 2:34 PM, David Johnston wrote:

​ I don't get where we "need" to do anything else besides that...the whole "actual min values" comment is unclear to me.

If you look at pg_settings, there is a minimum value exposed there as min_val. For some of these parameters, that number would normally be 1. But since we have decided that 0 is a special flag value, min_val is 0 instead.

There are others where min_val is -1 for the same reason, where functionally the minimum is really 0. Some of us would like to see min_val reflect the useful minimum, period, and move all these special case ones out of there. That is a multi-year battle to engage in though, and there's little real value to the user community coming out of it relative to that work scope.