On 10/02/2014 03:20 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
My only concern from the benchmarks is that it seemed like there
was a statistically significant increase in planning time:

unpatched plan time average: 0.450 ms
patched plan time average:   0.536 ms

That *might* just be noise, but it seems likely to be real.  For
the improvement in run time, I'd put up with an extra 86us in
planning time per hash join; but if there's any way to shave some
of that off, all the better.

The patch doesn't modify the planner at all, so it would be rather surprising if it increased planning time. I'm willing to just write that off as noise.

- Heikki