Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
> make check-world dies ingloriously for me, like this:

FWIW, it works fine for me on my Mac laptop, using the Perl 5.16.2 that
comes standard with OSX 10.9.5.  I did have to install IPC::Run from
CPAN though.

> #   Failed test 'initdb options handling'
> #   at /opt/local/lib/perl5/5.12.5/Test/Builder.pm line 229.

This output seems to be pretty clear proof that you're not using
Apple's Perl.  What is it exactly (where did you get it from)?

Also, noticing that what you're using is evidently Perl 5.12, I'm
wondering whether our TAP test scripts require a fairly new Perl version.
I recall some of my Salesforce colleagues griping that the TAP scripts
didn't work with older Perls.