On 10/03/2014 05:04 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Sat, Oct  4, 2014 at 01:57:01AM +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
>>>
>>> Good point: independently of all else, it's a bit late to be adding new
>>> features to 9.4.
>>
>> This is getting absurd. The feature was there three days ago.
>
> My point is we have to have in there/decide by Monday or it isn't going
> to be in 9.4.  I am unclear how we can resolve all the concerns about
> its addition in that short of a time.

Am I correct in that we still don't have any docs for this even if we
decided to accept the GUC?  On that basis, I'd say accept the DEFINE and
punt the GUC to the next 9.5 Commitfest ... assuming someone wants to
write docs.

Heck, I might write them after some testing.  But that testing won't
happen in time for 9.4 release. I certainly couldn't write the docs now.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.