Hi
Oops, it seems that I have been too hasty here. With a fresh mind I looked
at my own patch again and found two bugs:

>> - Incorrect calculation of each step's value, making stuff crash, it is
>> necessary to switch to the context of the function to perform operations on
>> a temporary variable first

- i think you can use the fctx->current variable without temporary variable
(there's comment in the add_var function: Full version of add functionality
on variable level (handling signs). result might point to one of the
operands too without danger.). But you _must_ switch the context first
because add_var will allocate new array for the data and freeing the old
one.

- numeric can be NaN. We must reject it as first, finish and last parameter.
- numeric datatype is large, but there are limitations. According to doc,
the limit is: up to 131072 digits before the decimal point; up to 16383
digits after the decimal point. How can we check if the next step
overflows? As a comparison, in int.c, generate_series_step_int4 checks if
its overflows, and stop the next call by setting step to 0. Should we do
that?

~ will try to fix the patch later

--
Ali Akbar