On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> The levenshtein-distance thingy seems to still be a topic of debate
> as well, both as to how we're going to refactor the code and as to
> what the exact hinting rules ought to be.  If some committer wants
> to take charge of it and resolve those issues, fine; but I don't want
> to see it done by just blindly committing whatever the last submitted
> version was.

My 2c. I imagine that in this case the consensus is going to be first:
- Move a minimum of the core functions of fuzzystrmatch and rename them
(str_distance?)
- Do not dump fuzzystrmatch and have the levenshtein call those functions
In any case levenshtein code needs a careful refactoring and some
additional thoughts first before the hint code is touched.
Regards.
--
Michael