Pavel Stehule <pavel.steh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> do you know, so this feature is a proprietary and it is not based
> on ANSI/SQL? Any user, that use this feature and will to port to
> other database will hate it.

I remember that Sybase ASE allowed a trailing comma within the
parentheses of a table definition, which was handy.  I checked on
SQL Fiddle and found that MS SQL Server and MySQL both allow that,
too; although Oracle does not.  I'm not taking a position on
whether we should allow this in PostgreSQL, but not having it is
likely to annoy some users moving *to* PostgreSQL, while having it
is likely to annoy some users moving *away* from PostgreSQL.

None of the products I tried allowed a leading comma.

I didn't test, and have no knowledge regarding, how other products
treat extra commas elsewhere.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com