(2014/10/14 20:00), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
Here are separated patches.

fdw-chk.patch  - CHECK constraints on foreign tables
fdw-inh.patch  - table inheritance with foreign tables

The latter has been created on top of [1].

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/540da168.3040...@lab.ntt.co.jp

To be exact, it has been created on top of [1] and fdw-chk.patch.

I noticed that the latter disallows TRUNCATE on inheritance trees that contain at least one child foreign table. But I think it would be better to allow it, with the semantics that we quietly ignore the child foreign tables and apply the operation to the child plain tables, which is the same semantics as ALTER COLUMN SET STORAGE on such inheritance trees. Comments welcome.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita