Julien,

> Actually, I used the same loop as the archiver one (see
> backend/postmaster/pgarch.c, function pgarch_readyXlog) to get the exact
> same number of files.

Ah, I see.

> If we change it in this patch, it would be better to change it everywhere.
> What do you think ?

Hmm... I'd have to defer to the better judgement of a committer on that
one.  Though, I would think that the general desire would be to keep the
patch relevant ONLY to the necessary changes.  I would not qualify making
those types of changes as relevant, IMHO.  I do think this is potential for
cleanup, however, I would suspect that would be best done in a separate
patch.  But again, I'd defer to a committer whether such changes are even
necessary/acceptable.

-Adam

--
Adam Brightwell - adam.brightw...@crunchydatasolutions.com