I concur, but do we have some sort of commitment that the rest of
the SQL200x sequence machinery will be supported eventually?  Otherwise,
adding some irrelevant syntax variations in limited places doesn't seem
fruitful.
Yes, I'll implement the rest of the SQL200x sequence stuff
eventually. However, if you'd rather wait for me to finish it all and
then commit it at that point, that's fine with me.
I'd suggest contributing what you have now. Waiting just keeps others from contributing to the topic (which is not your intention certainly, but it would have that effect).

- Thomas