On 10/29/14, 11:23 AM, Josh Berkus wrote:
I don't see a problem with having a "continue" directive, and
documenting that it only works with peer and ident.  Maybe someday
(protocol bump) we can have a way to make other methods continue, and
then nobody will need to change their files to support the new way.

Keep in mind that makes it far easier to accidentally screw up your hba.conf by
putting a line in the wrong place. Anyone that's dealt with firewall rules (or
apparently PAM) would probably be OK, but a lot of our users would end up with
a config that's not doing what they wanted.