On 06/11/14 23:57, Tomas Vondra wrote:
Dne 6 Listopad 2014, 11:50, Gavin Flower napsal(a):
Could you store a 2 dimensional histogram in a one dimensional array:
A[z] = value, where z = col * rowSize + row (zero starting index)?
How would that work for columns with different data types?

Tomas

I implicitly assumed that all cells were the same size & type. However, I could devise a scheme to cope with columns of different types, given the relevant definitions - but this would obviously be more complicated.

Also this method can be extended into higher dimensions.

Cheers,
Gavin