On 06/11/14 08:50, Andres Freund wrote:
On 2014-11-05 19:31:52 -0500, Steve Singer wrote:
It also doesn't allow you to load two extensions at once on a system.
You wouldn't be able to have both the 'steve_commit_order' extension
and BDR installed at the same time.  I don't think this patch does a
very good job at (B) but It wasn't intended to.

Well, I don't agree that steve_commit_order makes much sense in this
context. But there actually is a real problem here, namely that there's
no namespacing in those bytes. I'd be ok with saying that we split the
extradata in for bytes for the namespace and four for the actual
data. That's roughly how it works for advisory locks already.

I am not sure how would this solve problem of 2 extensions using the extradata given that there can be only 1 record per txid anyway.