* Alvaro Herrera wrote:

Michael Paquier wrote:

Btw, perhaps this diff should be pushed as a different patch as this is a
rather different thing:
-       if (heapRelation->rd_rel->relpersistence == RELPERSISTENCE_UNLOGGED
&&
+       if (indexRelation->rd_rel->relpersistence ==
RELPERSISTENCE_UNLOGGED &&
                 !smgrexists(indexRelation->rd_smgr, INIT_FORKNUM)
As this is a correctness fix, it does not seem necessary to back-patch it:
the parent relation always has the same persistence as its indexes.

There was an argument for doing it this way that only applies if this
patch went in, but I can't remember now what it was.

Anyway I pushed the patch after some slight additional changes.  Thanks!

The buildfarm says -DCLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS does not like this patch.

--
Christian