On 1/29/15 8:09 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On 1/29/15 7:02 PM, David Steele wrote:
>>>
>>> Which AFAICT simply isn't safe to do at all... except maybe with the
>>> manifest stuff you've talked about?
>>
>> Yes - that's what I'm talking about.  I had hoped to speak about this at
>> PgConfNYC, but perhaps I can do it in a lightning talk instead.
>
> Sounds like maybe it should be part of our documentation too...

I think the warnings Bruce has added to the documentation about using
checksums are sufficient for now.  The manifest build and delay
methodology are part of PgBackRest, the backup solution I'm working on
as an alternative to barman, etc.  It's not something that can be
implemented trivially.

--
- David Steele
da...@pgmasters.net