On 2/3/15 1:43 AM, Stephen R. van den Berg wrote:
In relation to the talk and discussions at FOSDEM regarding
helping data recovery, I searched the archives for the
old thread after I performed my last recovery; for reference:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20101019201223.ga15...@cuci.nl

I haven't checked yet if the proposed space there is still
available in the current disk format, but it might serve as
a starter and reminder to get the discussion going once more.

Rather than trying to wedge this into a heap page, ISTM it'd be better to use a fork. Presumably if you're storing regular tuples that have the essential data from pg_class, pg_attribute (and maybe pg_type).