On 02/04/2015 02:23 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakan...@iki.fi> writes:
Add API functions to libpq to interrogate SSL related stuff.

This patch is one large brick shy of a load: it creates exported libpq
functions but fails to ensure they always exist.  That's why jacana is
unhappy; though TBH I'm astonished that any non-ssl-enabled builds
are passing.  Apparently missing library functions are less of a hard
error on Linux than they ought to be.

Yeah, that's surprising. I don't see any option in ld man page to make it warn either.

This also shows that we don't have any regression tests for this function. It's trivial, so I'm not worried about that, but in general it would be good to have a regression tests suite specifically for libpq. There are probably many other things that are not exercised by psql.

I think probably the exported functions need to be defined in fe-exec.c
or fe-connect.c, with bodies along the lines of

#ifdef USE_OPENSSL
    call OpenSSL-specific function
#else
    return NULL
#endif

(or whatever's appropriate when no SSL support).  We do want these
functions to exist even in non-SSL-enabled builds.

Sure. There are dummy versions of all the other SSL-related functions, I just missed PQsslAttributes. The OpenSSL-versions are in fe-secure-openssl.c, and the dummy ones are in fe-secure.c, within a "#ifndef USE_SSL" block.

Fixed now.

- Heikki