Thank you for your answers.
I am very eager to contribute to Postgres, especially in the materialized
views area.
I have created a thread
<http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/cak7uwezzxjjsxp9uoxwhpnjjutjajvpkja9skzalsnnrdjs...@mail.gmail.com>
proposing
to work on it as my Google Summer of Code project.
It became a consensus that implementing the query rewrite feature would be
unfeasible
for such a short period of time, but Tomas Vondra suggested I could work on
a first part of It, such as
making a staleness flag for the MVs. If you have any opinions on the
thread, i'd be pleased to read them.

Thank you and regards,

Eric