On 3/10/15 10:53 AM, Jim Nasby wrote:
On 3/10/15 9:30 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Petr Jelinek <p...@2ndquadrant.com>
wrote:
You still duplicate the type cache code, but many other array
functions do
that too so I will not hold that against you. (Maybe somebody should
write
separate patch that would put all that duplicate code into common
function?)

I think this patch is ready for committer so I am going to mark it as
such.

The documentation in this patch needs some improvements to the
English.  Can anyone help with that?

I'll take a look at it.

The documentation should discuss what happens if the array is
multi-dimensional.

This is the wording I have to describe what happens with a multi-dimensional array. I'm not thrilled with it; anyone have better ideas?

Note: multi-dimensional arrays are squashed to one dimension before searching.