Hi

> Hi Team.
>
> I would like to solve a problem of "Allow access to the database via
> HTTP".
>
> But before drawing up the demand in GSOC I wanted to consult here.
> Therefore I will be grateful to comments from attendees here!
>
> 1. I think, will better use access to DB through the stand-alone program
> which not necessarily has to be on the same server. At least because it
> will give certain freedom in cluster systems.
>
> 2. Whether it is obligatory to use a programming language C for this
> purpose? After all as the stand-alone program ( frontend ) it has to be not
> necessarily written in the same programming language as the server (
> backend ). I would prefer to use the python language for writing as I
> consider that this language is more clear to system administrators + to
> bring much more simply editings in a code.

What is a benefit of this implementation for Postgres community?

Proposed implementation is few lines in Python - and it is not big benefit
for us. More, similar project exists.

It can be interesting as well integrated project to Postgres - implemented
in C as background worker (if it possible)

Regards

Pavel