Jim Nasby wrote:
> On 4/14/15 5:49 AM, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> > postgres=# create foreign table ft1 (c1 int) server myserver options
> > (table_name 't1');
> > CREATE FOREIGN TABLE
> > postgres=# create foreign table ft2 (c1 int) server myserver options
> > (table_name 't2');
> > CREATE FOREIGN TABLE
> > postgres=# alter foreign table ft2 inherit ft1;
> > ALTER FOREIGN TABLE
> > postgres=# select * from ft1 for update;
> > ERROR:  could not find junk tableoid1 column
> >
> > I think this is a bug.  Attached is a patch fixing this issue.
>
> What happens when the foreign side breaks the inheritance? Does the FDW
> somehow know to check that fact for each query?

This is a meaningless question.  The remote tables don't have to have an
inheritance relationship already; only the local side sees them as
connected.

I think the real question is whether we're now (I mean after this patch)
emitting useless tableoid columns that we didn't previously have.  I
think the answer is yes, and if so I think we need a smaller comb to fix
the problem.  This one seems rather large.