Can you please explain what is the purpose of patch 07?  I'm not sure I
understand; are we trying to avoid having to add pg_amproc entries for
these operators and instead piggy-back on btree opclass definitions?
Not too much in love with that idea; I see that there is less tedium in
that the brin opclass definition is simpler.  One disadvantage is a 3x
increase in the number of syscache lookups to get the function you need,
unless I'm reading things wrong.  Maybe this is not performance critical.

Anyway I tried applying it on isolation, and found that it fails the
assertion that tests the "union" support proc in brininsert.  That
doesn't seem okay.  I mean, it's okay not to run the test for the
inclusion opclasses, but why does it now fail in minmax which was
previously passing?  Couldn't figure it out.