On 05/13/2015 06:07 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
This does change the XLOG functions to require pg_monitor, as discussed
on the other thread where it was pointed out by Heikki that the XLOG
location information could be used to extract sensitive information
based on what happens during compression.

That seems like an orthogonal issue, not something that should be bundled in this patch. IIRC we didn't reach a consensus on what to do about the compression-leaks-information issue. One idea was to make it configurable on a per-table basis, and if we do that, perhaps we don't need to restrict access to pg_current_xlog_location() and friends.

- Heikki