On 8 June 2015 at 17:03, Claudio Freire <klaussfre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not about the 5 minutes of compile time, it's about the signalling.
>
> Just *when* is git ready for testing? You don't know from the outside.
>
> I do lurk here a lot and still am unsure quite often.
>
> Even simply releasing an alpha *tarball* would be useful enough. What
> is needed is the signal to test, rather than a fully-built package.

​I can see that, and can absolutely get behind the idea of a nightly being
flagged as an alpha, since it should involve next to no developer time.

I may be overestimating the amount of time that goes towards producing a
release; the fact that the full-on alpha releases were stopped did imply to
me that it's not insignificant.

Geoff​