Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have run a script to count the number of "<listitem>" items in the
> major release notes of each major version of Postgres back to 7.4:
>
>       7.4    280
>       8.0    238
>       8.1    187
>       8.2    230
>       8.3    237
>       8.4    330
>       9.0    252
>       9.1    213
>       9.2    250
>       9.3    187
>       9.4    217
>       9.5    176
>
> The 9.5 number will only change a little by 9.5 final.

I think doing this kind of "analysis" can lead to bad incentives; should
we split two items that are unrelated but touch similarly-sounding parts
of the code, should we merge items that are actually pretty much the
same thing?  It's either pointless, because people in-the-know actually
realizes that it doesn't actually mean anything, or confusing because
people think that some releases are bigger than others because they have
"more features".

Maybe there's a reasonable way to measure releases (my 8.0 is bigger
than your 9.1!), but I don't think this is it.