On 6/25/15 8:08 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> Because I don't want to have to do git log --format=fuller to see when
> the thing was committed, basically.

Then I suggest to you the following configuration settings:

[format]
        pretty=cmedium
[pretty]
        cmedium="format:%C(auto,yellow)commit %H%C(reset)%nCommit:     %cn
<%ce>%nCommitDate: %cd%n%n%w(80,4,4)%B"

> I don't particularly think that having separate AuthorDate and
> CommitterDate fields has any value.  At least, it doesn't to me.  But
> a linear-looking commit history does have value to me.  Someone else
> might have different priorities; those are mine.

Sure, that's why Git is configurable to particular preferences.  But we
don't have to force everyone to use Git in a nonstandard way.