Rod Taylor wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 00:05, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Rod Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > I'd be happy to use them once created.
> >
> > I think you misunderstood me ;=) ... that was a none-too-subtle
>
> Nope... I understood.  But it could take quite a while.

I have an idea.  Rather than doing some complex locking for types, why
don't we just restrict ALTER DOMAIN to cases where we are the only one
attached to the database, as seen in dropdb().  Seems like an easy way
to get the feature in without adding a new locking method.  Also, it
would allow the regression test to work too because no one is attached
to 'regression' at the time of the test.