Hello Simon,

We could do better, but that is not a reason not to commit this, as is.
Commit, please.

My 0,02€: Please do not commit without further testing...

I've submitted a patch to improve checkpoint write scheduling, including X00 hours of performance test on various cases. This patch changes significantly the load distribution over the whole checkpoint, and AFAICS has been tested on rather small cases.

I'm not sure that the power 1.5 is the right one for all cases. For a big checkpoint over 30 minutes, it may have, or not, very large and possibly unwanted effects. Maybe the 1.5 factor should really be a guc. Well, what I really think is that it needs performance measures.

In conclusion, and very egoistically, I would prefer if this patch could wait for the checkpoint scheduling patch to be considered, as it would basically invalidate the X00 hours of performance tests I ran:-)

--
Fabien.