On 7/6/15 12:14 PM, Данила Поярков wrote:
Hello!

What is the best starting point to PostgreSQL internal APIs for operating
directly with the storage (performing basic INSERTs, UPDATEs, SELECTs and
simple JOINs by hand)? I'm looking for something similar to MySQL Cluster NDB
API or InnoDB internal API (the late HailDB and Embedded InnoDB).

There is support for plugging into the parser and executor, so that might be a possibility, but...

Does the PostgreSQL support any other type of plugins/extensions other than FDW
and custom data types? I mean, is it possible to start another daemon within
Postgres without slightly modifying the main codebase?

In case you are wondering why could anyone need something like that: I'm
looking for a way to implement a small subset of HTSQL (see
[http://htsql.org/], of course not with the whole HTTP protocol) natively in
one of popular RDBMS without extra URL-to-SQL conversion. Yes, I know that a
lot of hard work was done for making query plans, optimizing etc. but I'm still
really wish to do this for some very specific needs. I'm not going to
completely replace the SQL and thus will be happy to do those manipulations on
a SQL 2008-compliant DBMS.

AFAIK HTSQL is very happy producing SQL; why not just let it hand SQL to Postgres (which it already does...)

Have you by chance talked to Clark or Kirill about this?